Use of AASDN Logo
We at AASDN encourage the use the AASDN logo mark to promote the Nutrition Specialist certification by certified members. AASDN Nutrition Specialists and Nutrition Managers may use the AASDN logo on business cards, brochures, advertisements and web site. To receive permission to use the logo please read the read the following guidelines carefully. You can print, sign and email the agreement to email@example.com or you may complete the electronic version by clicking here.
AASDN LICENSE AGREEMENT TO USE LOGO
THIS AGREEMENT is made between the AMERICAN ACADEMY OF SPORTS DIETITIANS AND NUTRITIONISTS and the undersigned AASDN Certified Professional (“Licensee”), and is made with reference to the following facts:
- AASDN is the owner of the AASDN Logo as indicated on the AASDN website and below.
- You, as the Licensee, wish to display the Mark on your business cards, email signature and professional website. You, as the Licensee, are an AASDN Nutrition Specialist in good standing of the AASDN.
- The AASDN logo may be reprinted and used by you as an AASDN credentialed individual as defined by the current AASDN policy.
- You may not use the logo if the AASDN credential lapses or is revoked.
- The EFFECTIVE DATE of this Agreement is the date on which the Agreement is accepted and executed by you, the Licensee.
- Utilizing language or graphics, in conjunction with the logo that discredit or intend to defame the intent of the logo or AASDN in any way is strictly prohibited.
- AASDN hereby grants you, the Licensee the limited right to use the AASDN Logo as specified in this document. Except for the specific rights as granted and designated in this document, AASDN reserves and retains all rights of any nature in and to the Mark.
- You, the licensee may display the Mark on business cards, email signature and professional website. The Mark is not to be displayed in any manner which suggests the endorsement or approval of Licensee or its products (including foods, supplements, sports equipment) or services by AASDN.
- The Mark, where and whenever displayed by you, the Licensee, shall be in direct correlation to your individual name, and shall be displayed in accordance with rules set forth by AASDN. When utilized in its electronic format, the Mark must be hyperlinked to http://www.aasdn.org. The Mark may not be altered or modified in any way, including changing the default color, reversing the Mark, altering the text contained within the Mark, resizing the Mark by greater than +/-10 percent, or utilizing language or graphics in conjunction with the Mark that discredit or intend to defame the intent of the Mark or AASDN in any way.
- Display rules may be changed from time to time by AASDN, and you, the Licensee agree to comply in all respects with the amended requirements of such rules.
- You, the Licensee must not exploit the AASDN Logo, and you must conform to high ethical and commercially reasonable standards in order to protect and preserve the good name, reputation, and goodwill of AASDN and its interest in the Logo.
- You, the Licensee must not use or permit the Logo to be used or commercially exploited in any negative manner or in any manner that is contrary to public morals or which is deceptive, misleading, or reflects unfavorably upon the good name, goodwill, reputation, or image of AASDN.
- The limited right to use the AASDN Logo is non-exclusive, and AASDN, is free to grant others the right to use the AASDN Logo on any product, material or service, including those in competition with you, the Licensee.
- The right granted to you in this Agreement shall be non-divisible and shall not be transferable.
- Except as otherwise provided herein, this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect as long as you, the Licensee remain a certified professional in good standing of the AASDN. However, if you, the Licensee fail to comply with any provision of the Agreement, the AASDN may terminate this Agreement, upon providing you with notice. Such termination will be effective immediately.
- This Agreement shall terminate automatically at the end of your (Licensee’s) recertification cycle. Further,
- AASDN reserves the right to terminate this Agreement at any time, without cause, upon providing you, the Licensee thirty days notice.
- Upon termination of this Agreement for any reason, you, the Licensee shall immediately cease use of the Mark and further distribution of all materials bearing the Mark.
- Except as specifically stated herein, nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as an assignment or grant by AASDN to you, the Licensee of any right, title, or interest in or to the AASDN Logo or permission to register or assert ownership.
- You, the Licensee promise not to take any action at any time to the detriment of AASDN’s right, title, and interest in the AASDN Logo. You acknowledge the AASDN’s exclusive right, title, and interest in and to the AASDN logo and will not at any time do or cause any act or thing contesting or in any way impairing or tending to impair any part of such right, title and interest.
- You, the Licensee must not in any manner represent that you have any ownership in the AASDN logo and you acknowledge that use of the AASDN Logo does not provide you with any right, title or interest in the AASDN Logo.
- Any notices required or permitted to be given under this Agreement shall be deemed sufficiently given: if mailed or emailed to the email address provided by you to AASDN.
- You, the Licensee agree to indemnify and hold harmless AASDN, its respective officers, directors, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, loss, damage, injury and liability resulting from your (Licensee’s) use of the Mark, and to pay for all legal and other costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) AASDN might incur in defending any such action.
- Forum and Venue. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the state of FL, except for any FL choice of law rule that would result in the governing law being the law of any jurisdiction other than FL. The venue for resolution, whether in court or otherwise, of any dispute between Licensee and AASDN that arises under or in relation to this Agreement shall be, to the maximum extent permitted by law, Orlando, FL.
- It is understood and agreed by you, the Licensee that, due to the nature of the purposes and activities of AASDN, its reputation and goodwill are extremely important. Therefore, any unauthorized use by Licensee of the Mark at any time will result in irreparable harm to AASDN. Therefore, notwithstanding any other provisions of this Agreement, AASDN shall have an absolute right to an immediate injunction to enjoin the unauthorized use of the Mark and shall be entitled to reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs incurred by obtaining said relief.
- If requested by the AASDN, you shall give the AASDN samples of use of the AASDN Logo. Licensee agrees to forfeit any and all right to use the AASDN Certified logo if the AASDN, in its sole discretion, determines that use of the logo is not in strict accordance with the terms and conditions of this license. Licensee will direct any questions concerning the use of the AASDN logo or the terms and conditions of this license to the AASDN by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This is the entire contract between the parties concerning its subject matter and supersedes all prior negotiations and agreements, oral or written.
BY USING THE MARK, YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO AND CONSENT TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU DO NOT HAVE AASDN’S PERMISSION TO USE THE MARK. ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE VIOLATES AASDN’s OWNERSHIP RIGHTS IN THE MARK AND IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
Email Address Website Address