Nutrition Specialist (NS) Certification Program
The AASDN Nutrition Specialist Program sets itself apart from other nutrition certification programs because:
- It is the only nutrition certification program that includes all materials utilized by certified members, including “ready to implement” documents and scripted programs.
- It is the only nutrition certification program that includes unlimited sports dietitian support.
- It is the only nutrition certification program with a defined scope of practice providing safe and effective programs.
As a Nutrition Specialist You Receive
- A “turnkey” program that allows you to immediately incorporate nutrition services into your existing wellness program (legal documents, administrative documents, educational handouts, menu plans and more).
- Unlimited support by an AASDN Sports Dietitian at no additional charge.
- Scripted programs including one-on-one program, group program, child and youth program, scripted grocery shopping tours and more.
Become an AASDN Nutrition Specialist! Join top professionals in your field that are incorporating nutrition services.
The benefits of becoming a Nutrition Specialist include:
- Unlimited support by an AASDN dietitian at no additional charge.
- Improve client/patient success by adding a nutrition component.
- Distinguish yourself from other health professionals as a Nutrition Specialist.
- Increase income.
- Continuing education requirements easily fulfilled – AASDN accepts approved coursework by AND, ACE, AFAA, NSCA, NATA, YMCA, ACSM and other nationally recognized organizations. AASDN also accepts documentation of work completed in the field of nutrition and academic coursework related to nutrition.
- All documents necessary to implement a nutrition component are available online. Materials have been developed by AASDN licensed sports professionals including: legal documents, menu plans, educational documents, individual scripted program, group program, youth program and more.
- Option of providing more specialized services and serve special populations through the Nutrition Manager Program.
- Credits earned can be applied to the Sports Nutrition Certificate program (SNC). Nutrition Specialists can earn the SNC certificate in less that half the required contact hours.